Move aMember to another webhosting
From aMember Pro Documentation
Revision as of 08:50, 8 October 2012 by Alex-scott (Created page with "Steps you have to follow on the existing webhosting are marked with <sup>old</sup>, and changes to do on the new webhosting are marked with <sup>new</sup> # <sup>old</sup> Pack ...")
Steps you have to follow on the existing webhosting are marked with old, and changes to do on the new webhosting are marked with new
- old Pack aMember folder using ZIP via webhosting control panel and download it to your local PC
- new Unpack and upload aMember folder to your new webhosting, keep the ZIP for backup purposes
- new On the new webhosting, create new MySQL database and user using webhosting control panel. Do not forget to allow the new MySQL user access to created MySQL database.
- new Now edit file amember/application/configs/config.php and change database access details to created on the previous step
- new Make sure new aMember install can connect to database - open new aMember URL, it must display error message aMember Pro is not configured, or database tables are corrupted - could not read config.... If you see a different error message, something went wrong on previous steps.
- old Put your aMember install into maintenance mode (aMember Cp -> Setup -> Advanced)
- old In the existing aMember installation, create aMember MySQL database dump using phpMyAdmin (you may find it in webhosting control panel)
- new Go to new webhosting control panel -> phpMyAdmin, and restore the dump you created on step (5) into new aMember database created on the step (3)
- new You now must be able to open new aMember URL and it must be working. Login into admin area and put it out of maintenance mode (aMember Cp -> Setup -> Advanced).
- new Re-protect all folders and re-configure all integration plugins. If you have aMember plugin in Wordpress installed, it must be re-configured too.