AMember_Remote is a separate script that can be installed on other website or webserver to control access to content using "main" aMember database.
It may protects folders with any kind of content - files, HTML, PHP scripts, downloads, videos, music. When user is trying to open a file or page from a protected folder, login page will be displayed.
AMember_Remote contacts main server to check username/password and subscription status, so it does not use any local databases.
One "main" aMember installation (lets name it "billing server") may control any number of "slave" AMember_Remote installations.
1. First login into aMember admin area. Go to aMember CP -> Setup -> Plugins, and enable "api" module. Go to aMember CP -> Setup -> Remote API Permissions, and press "New Record" button. Enter "comment" : "aMember-remote key"; Write down "API Key", you will need it later; Check the following permissions:
products - Products: index billing-plans - Product Billing Plan: get check-access - Check User Access: by-login-pass
Press "Save" Go to aMember CP -> Setup -> Global, press "Root Url and License Keys" Write down "Root URL", you will need it later.
2. Using your favorite FTP client, login into your website where you want to protect pages. Upload this script into a folder named "amember-remote".
3. Go to http://www.yoursite.com/amember-remote/admin Default admin username is "admin", password is "123456". You will be redirected to configuration page. Please enter aMember Root URL and API Key (from step 1), and make sure to change admin password! Please do not keep it running with default password! Press "Save" button. If you get error about problems with config saving, chmod file amember-remote/config.php to 666.
4. Click on "Protect Folders" link, and choose a folder to protect (click radio-button near the folder name). Make sure to DO NOT protect amember-remote folder itself. Choose what products will allow access to the protected folder and press "Save". If you get error about problems with saving .htaccess file, chmod folder to 777, and after protection chmod it back to 755.
5. Try to open protected folder. You will be redirected to login page, enter username and password. aMember-remote script will redirect you back to protected area and you will be able to access the protected folder.
How To Purchase
Amember_Remote script costs $60 and may be purchased in [member area].