Xenforo Integration Questions

Discussion in 'Integration' started by invictus, Dec 14, 2011.

1. invictus

invictus Member

I am using Xenforo 1.1 and aMember 4.1.9 with the latest Xenforo integration plugin.

I have some users in my Xenforo database already, and I am importing users into aMember from another platform. Some members that are active in Xenforo are not also getting imported into aMember.

What will happen when I run the database sync in aMember? Will it remove users in Xenforo who are not also in aMember? Or will it simply add any missing users to Xenforo that are in amember?

I could use an answer asap. Thank you.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

These users access will be reset.
    amember will recalculate user's groups and if these users are not exists in aMember, they will be given default access level as you set in plugin configuration.
  3. invictus

invictus Member

Ok, that should be fine. It doesn't touch their posts or anything else besides usergroup right?
  4. alexander

yes right.
  5. invictus

invictus Member

Ok I have been trying to make this work but I am having problems.

When I have the amember plugin activated within Xenforo, any time a user tries to log in at my Xenforo forum, they are redirected to amember login even after they enter username/password. The problem is, I have forum users who do not have accounts in amember. I need those users to be able to log in, but currently they can not.

The login redirection is also redundant for users who do have both amember and Xenforo logins. They enter their username and password on Xenforo, then they are redirected to the amember login page where they have to enter it again.

How can I let users who do not have amember accounts log into Xenforo, and only require a login once for all members?
  6. alexander

First disable aMember plugin in xenforo itself. That plugin redirect users to aMember for login. Just use native xenforo login system. When user login into xenforo and then navigate to aMember, he will be logged in as well.
    In regards to single logion between these scripts make sure that both use the same domain and also, check aMember CP -> Setup -> Xenforo -> Cookie prefix, it must be exactly the same as in xenforo.