WordPress Now Shows a Page Not Found Error Suddenly

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by thinkscripter, Sep 20, 2012.

1. thinkscripter

thinkscripter New Member

Everything was up and running fine for weeks and now all of the sudden I get a "Page not found error" for any of my aMember pages including admin.

Anyone seen this?

Edit by Alex: Solution Found:

2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Did you change anything at all? Permalinks in wordpress?

David
  3. thinkscripter

thinkscripter New Member

Nothing. It just stopped all of the sudden and I can't even access anything through aMember. The aMember directory looks ok through FTP.
  4. thinkscripter

thinkscripter New Member

5. superban

superban New Member

I have the same problem. Amember is down and I don't know why...I didn't touch nothing in my website:

http://www.rawfoods.it/amember/

I'm receiving lots of email Cron Deamon...
  6. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I guess something happened to .htaccess in site root folder, so Wordpress intercepts access to aMember pages.

In case of "generic" member login page, it would help a lot if you install say "Firebug" and look into request. By some reason amember is unable to load its CSS files. If you submit a ticket with login info, it will be easier to solve.
  7. bibbott

bibbott New Member

Yikes. I'm getting the same thing, and my FTP program is showing changes to contents of the /data folder at 5pm last night. I'll launch in Firefox and check Firebug.
  8. alex

I guess you all guys are on the same hosting!

data/ folder is changed constantly and it must not affect anything, at least no files in data/ folder may cause such problems.
  9. successclasses

successclasses New Member

I don't think it is the hosting because I am having exactly the same problem.

I am using Amember Pro 3.1.9 on a WordPress site. I am also using the WordPress plug-in version 0.4. All was working fine for many months until three days ago when I upgraded WordPress from version 3.1.3 to 3.4.2 and now suddenly any pages that are protected under the AMember system respond with a '404: Page not found' error message if I am already not logged in.

If I am already logged in with valid Amember credentials, I am able to access the secured pages properly. So it would appear that Amember is having difficulty displaying the login page.

In any event, it does not seem to be related to specific hosting.

To reference specific pages I am talking about, here is a page with links to pages that are secured under the AMember system:

http://successclasses.com/?page_id=23
  10. nfxf_web

nfxf_web New Member

Where you guys able to resolve this?!?!? I have this exact same problem. I have been digging to see why there was an issue without any luck. I did notice if I delete the htaccess file in the parent directory (file created by wordpress) then amember works as expected. But once that file is put back in place, it results in this error page.
  11. successclasses

It sounds to me like the folks at AMember are going to have to be the ones to fix this. I am also unsuccessful in locating anyone who has solved this very recent problem.
    nfxf_web likes this.
  12. nfxf_web

nfxf_web New Member

Thanks for the reply, at least I know that I'm not the only one going though this issue.
  13. amlet66

amlet66 aMember Pro Customer

14. mostfool

mostfool New Member

Yes, I have the same problem, suddenly happened this morning. 404 Error, I can't login the amember now.
    What had happened and how to resolve this?
  15. hishaman

hishaman New Member

Strange.. Same here!

http://authorhreview.com

I didn't change anything, I am on BlueHost. I've deleted the .htaccess file from several folders in a try to access aMember with no luck, I even uploaded a backup for all files, nothing works.
  16. successclasses

This is obviously a widespread issue affecting many (if not all) AMember users. My fear is that they will not deal with this issue until next week. In the meantime, I have clients banging down my door wanting to know when their sites will work again!
  17. alex

I just developed a test script (attached). Upload it to your webhosting root folder (usually public_html), then try to access http://yoursite.com/rewrite-test/

Let me know about test results. If it says to contact webhosting support - contact them. Also, it would be nice to hear webhosting name if you are writing to this thread.

Attached Files:

18. alex

You guys all are on BlueHost (1 from LunarPages). I believe they have changed something in configuration that could cause this to happen. I really can not solve this issue. Press on them: the test script I sent must be working! They broke something in the server config, I guess it was something related to page-not-found handling.
  19. chad_bps

chad_bps New Member

I am on Hostmonster and I'm having the same problem.

Just to make sure I'm using this script correctly. After uploading the script, I should type in the address bar of my browser: http://yoursite.com/rewrite-test/admin (Your instructions didn't include the "/admin".)

Assuming I'm using it correctly, I tried your script. It does give the 404 error. I will report to Hostmonster.
  20. alex

Just open http://yoursite.com/rewrite-test/ - there will be instructions with correct test link.

I guess it was CPanel (webhosting software) update that caused this.