What happened to htpasswd? Just upgraded to v4.7, not an option

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by kellerwade, Dec 17, 2015.

1. kellerwade

kellerwade aMember Pro Customer

I just had Anton upgrade my aMember to 4.7 and I cannot use htpasswd anymore to protect folders? This is vital for my members accessing audio via iTunes and other podcast apps. It is an option to protect folders in 4.6 using htpasswd. This is a big problem right now. Anyone else run into this? Is there another way to protect folders with audio shows not using htpassswd?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

I guess this protection plugin is disabled in configuration. Do you mind to go to
    aMember Cp -> Configuration -> Plugins (Integration Plugins ) find and enable htpasswd
    then you will have option htpasswd at aMember Cp -> Protect Content -> Folders
  3. kellerwade

I did that, and it allowed me to set it for htpasswd again. But now I am getting this error when clicking the test link:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pwtorch.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
  4. caesar

Do you have access to server error log? Usually you can access server error log in your hosting control panel. What do you have in this log?
  5. caesar

Please check that your server has read access to file amember/data/.htgroup and amember/data/.htpasswd
  6. kellerwade

The key to this issue was clicking Rebuild DB after changing from new_rewrite to htpasswd. My webmaster may have done something else. But the key to the issue once I enabled htpasswd access as a plugin option and activating/applying it to a folder was to rebuild the database.
    caesar likes this.