Version 5.1???

Discussion in 'Installation' started by microlinx, May 10, 2016.

1. leelbog1

leelbog1 New Member

Absolutely. That's the first thing I tried. I enabled the Notes permissions, I enabled/disabled other permissions in the Admin Accounts page as well but no dice. It seems to be something in the code. Later I'll try to check maybe the settings don't get saved in the database, although I doubt it.

aMember's office is closed until Monday and we have to wait and see until then if a fix will be available.

Since you're upgrading your installations, too, can you check if the same bug exists in your setup? You could create a non-superadmin user and see if he has access to Notes. That would be very helpful :) Thanks!
  2. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

I created a new admin, since all I have is super admins and gave the appropriate permissions. i cant see the notes, like you. Weird. One thing you can do, enable the notes widget for the main admin page. For some reason, the admins will be able to see the last 5 notes and click on them to view them that way.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, it is bug in current version. It is already fixed and fix will be included in upcoming release.
    Meanwhile you can edit file
    amember/library/Am/Navigation/UserTabs.php
    and replace code:
    PHP:
    'resource' => '_un',
    with
    PHP:
    'resource' => 'grid_un',
  4. lucky_ray

lucky_ray aMember Pro Customer

For what it's worth, I upgraded from 4.7.0. to 5.1.3. without significant problems. I used the automatic method and did get an error (Internal Server Error? forgot to write it down) but when I refreshed the page, the error was gone and everything appears to be working correctly. Except that, on all the member pages (signup, member, and profile), two icons were added at the top of the page. These are apparently part of a new feature and my current theme's amember.css didn't support it. I looked at the new amember.css and found the appropriate section and copied and pasted it into my theme's amember.css and the icons disappeared. I think they are for responsive design and small screens.
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@lucky_ray - yeah, you are right regarding icons. It is for responsive styles. You did everything correctly. You can disregard error that you mention in your post if you do not have it again. In event of you need some assistance form us feel free to contact us in helpdesk - https://www.amember.com/support

Best Regards.
  6. lucky_ray

lucky_ray aMember Pro Customer

Thanks, Caesar but everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for the support!