Version 5.1???

Discussion in 'Installation' started by microlinx, May 10, 2016.

1. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I just saw a upgrade message in my admin panel that says version 5.1 is now available!
    Is this ready for production and what needs to be done to go from the current 4.7.2 to 5.1?

The changelog is incredible!

2. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

i would like to know this as well. is there any database structure or field renaming? is it a huge upgrade like going from version 3 to 4 was? will customizations break?
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

aMember 5.1 is improved version of 4 with very few backward incompatibility (that is why it is 5). There is not hassle with upgrade at all - just use standard process that you used within 4.x branch before
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Upgrading_to_New_Version

Database structure will be updated automatically (there is not any changes in existing fields - just new ones)

Most of your customization continue to work properly. In most case you do not face these backward incompatibility at all but in case of any issue just contact us in heldpesk and we will resolve it as soon as possible.

Best Regards.
  4. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

upgraded and

May 11, 2016, 10:39 am /admin-upgrade 86.29.170.156 Upgrade unpacking problem: Invalid block size : 24
    Exception Am_Exception_InputError
    AdminUpgradeController->_tarError [ library/pear/PEAR.php : 921 ]
    PEAR_Error->__construct [ library/pear/PEAR.php : 577 ]
    PEAR->_raiseError [ library/pear/PEAR.php : 223 ]
    PEAR->__call [ library/pear/Archive/Tar.php : 708 ]
    Archive_Tar->_error [ library/pear/Archive/Tar.php : 1633 ]
    Archive_Tar->_readHeader [ library/pear/Archive/Tar.php : 1893 ]
    Archive_Tar->_extractList [ library/pear/Archive/Tar.php : 543 ]
    Archive_Tar->extractModify [ library/pear/Archive/Tar.php : 288 ]
    Archive_Tar->extract [ application/default/controllers/AdminUpgradeController.php : 573 ]
    AdminUpgradeController->stepUnpack [ application/default/controllers/AdminUpgradeController.php : 440 ]
    AdminUpgradeController->doUpgrade [ library/Am/App.php : 2523 ]
    Am_BatchProcessor->run [ application/default/controllers/AdminUpgradeController.php : 226 ]
    AdminUpgradeController->indexAction [ library/Am/Mvc/Controller.php : 128 ]
    Am_Mvc_Controller->_runAction [ library/Am/Mvc/Controller.php : 105 ]
    Am_Mvc_Controller->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php : 307 ]
    Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Front.php : 954 ]
    Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch [ library/Am/App.php : 1982 ]
    Am_App->run [ index.php : 92 ]

didnt upgrade from 5.07 and posted to support
  5. neild1

neild1 New Member

Just upgraded and got this message:

"An Error has occurred
    An internal error happened in the script, please contact webmaster for details

Please contact webmaster: admin@xxxxxxx.xxx."

No email received at the email address.

Logged in to amember and received successful update message but amember is in Maintenance Mode.

Is all well?
  6. caesar

No, it is not well. Please contact us in heldpesk, we will troubleshoot it.
  7. microlinx

Looks like I may want to hold off for a bit until a few others pioneer the path to 5.x - please update us on upgrade issue resolutions....and gotchas.
  8. neild1

neild1 New Member

Thanks Caesar. I've just done so. :)
  9. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

emailed support 5 hours ago, no reply yet
  10. caesar

@microlinx We are pioneer:) We uses version 5 on our site several months already.
  11. dreamorigin

dreamorigin New Member

We have upgraded as well, and have been running version 5 for a couple months now without issue, however with this latest update (5.0.7) we lost all of our CSS styling. If you go to our login page: https://geeksuniversity.com/gu-member/login it looks like there is no styling at all, and we cannot seem to find reference to any...and we are using the wordpress plugin, so at the very least it should be embedded into the wordpress header/footer but is not.

Before this ticket, we always got amazing support and responses from the team, but for whatever reason they seem to be ignoring this one, and this is making it hard for our customers to login and deal with their dashboard because none of the buttons seem to work.

We have checked our CSS on all these pages, and it is still there, and looks fine, but with this latest update, it doesn't seem to be referencing any of it...so PLEASE help us get this fixed ASAP as this is hurting our business.
  12. microlinx

Anyone else upgrade ?
    @dreamorigin, it looks like you may have resolved your CSS issue, is all well now?
    I'm still on the fence.
  13. jenolan

jenolan aMember Coder

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    caesar likes this.
  14. markuse

markuse New Member

Is it safe to upgrade from 4.7.2?
  15. microlinx

@markuse - my question exactly.
    They say it works, but has anyone else taken the plunge?
    Let's hear some success stories....
  16. swintec

I updated 1 of 3 installations and it worked fine. The only thing it broke is the Bitpay plugin. Even though it is enabled it does not show up in the list of payment options for users for some reason. I will write to support right now asking for an updated plugin but that is all I can see for now.
  17. swintec

Bitpay plugin is working again now. In new amember, they now hide the bitpay selection unless a non-subscription product is selected, else it will not be displayed. This is what was tripping me up. Also seems I had to update my plugin file for bitpay which support provided me. So, the upgrade seems fine on my 1st upgrade...2 installs to go!
  18. swintec

Just to update, 3 out of 3 installs updated to 5.1.1 from 4.7.2 and it is working fine. As easy as upgrading from 4.7.1 to 4.7.2 to be honest.
  19. leelbog1

leelbog1 New Member

Upgrade from 4.7.2 went well but I'm seeing permissions issues with User Notes, for example. All admins who are not superadmins do not see the Notes in user profile. I have contacted Support 12 hours ago but no response yet. Makes me think they're overloaded with bugfixing.

As far as UI, I don't like that they made the fonts smaller in tables and such but nothing that CSS changes won't fix.

Hopefully they continue improving the 5.x release. But for now I'd suggest people to hold off on upgrading until everything is worked out.
  20. swintec

Did you go in and edit the admin profile for those non-super admins and allow access to usernotes? I see there is 3 or 4 different options to allow for those admins and user notes...browse, edit, etc. I dont think this is really a bug in that by default super admins should be the only ones who can see them until told otherwise.