V4 and Some Issues

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by ayurvedamentor, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ayurvedamentor

ayurvedamentor New Member

Dear Friends,

I was using Amember 3.2.4 and it was working fine. I wanted to test V4 version and it is also great but some difficulties are...

V4

http://www.ayurvedacoursesandclasses.com/member/

user: aditya
    password: tomar

Problem:

1) When I create new product, I am not able to set its url as I was doing in Amember3.2.4. How to do it so that it show in Wordpress Amember Widget and on Member's page in V4.

2) Member's page is showing nothing - like your membership, your products etc. It is showing an error in script

3) When I create a product with Offline payment, is it similar to free signup or not. How can I set V4 in a manner that whenever someone is opting for Offline and registers oneself, I could get email notification about it.

I am also testing and going through documents section. All else is looking and working fine.

Kindest Regards,
    Aditya Tomar
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Yep, V4 does this different. You have to define a link to the product as a second step:
    1. From the aMember CP click on "Products"
    2. Click on "Protect Content"
    3. Click on "Links" in the top menu
    4. Click on "New Record" to define a link that will appear in the Member's area.
    To get a better idea of the problem check the error log:
    1. From the aMember CP click on "Utilities"
    2. Click on "Logs"
    3. Click on "Errors" from the top menu
    I don't see where you can do this. I agree it should be an option on the "Offline Payment" configuration page. I suggest you post this as an improvement issue in the aMember Bug Tracker. You should be able to log in with you aMember username/password.
  3. ayurvedamentor

Thanks Grant.

Product Link issue is resolved with your advice. It is actually the new way of doing it in V4.

I will post about Offline issue in Bug Tracker.

The second issue - Member's Page is showing errors - Main tab is showing error while other tabs are OK. The Error log is similar like this...

----
    script 'blocks/member-main-tickets.phtml' not found in path (/home5/ayurvee1/public_html/member/application/newsletter/views/:/home5/ayurvee1/public_html/member/application/helpdesk/views/:/home5/ayurvee1/public_html/member/application/cart/views/:/home5/ayurvee1/public_html/member/application/aff/views/:/home5/ayurvee1/public_html/member/application/default/views/)
    ---------

I have written to Alex about it. Is there some way to correct it.

Regards,
    Vikrama Aditya Tomar
  4. ayurvedamentor

Hi,
    I sent a request to Alexander. He sent me a file to upload. This error is resolved now.
    Regards,
    Aditya Tomar
  5. giorgino

giorgino Member

Same error here...
    http://www.amember.com/forum/threads/internal-error-on-profile-page.13657/
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

I will send you correct file swith instructions in a moment.
  7. giorgino

giorgino Member

Thank you Alex, perfect job :)