UltraCart Purchase > aMember Download - what are my options?

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by misty4me, Dec 16, 2021.

1. misty4me

misty4me New Member

I am only familiar with aMember from taking over a website that had a subscription product purchase (aMember) a number of years ago.

I now want to have customers purchase file downloads (zip and pdf and possibly others) from my UltraCart Store and have them download from aMember. What are my options? I know it would likly be easy to setup a secure folder with files and provide simple links, but I'm thinking of a members download page where customers can download and get other related info.

I have UltraCart and aMember "talking" to each other via UltraCarts "download" config and a test product configured on both but I'm not certain how to procede from here.

And again, what are my options?

(I am currently providing the downloads via UltraCart but I now prefer to host my own files and deliver via aMember.)
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

You can protect files from aMember:
    aMember Cp -> Protect Content -> Files

You can create content category - 'Downloads' and assign it to your files (option "Content Categories" within new file form)
    and then if user has access to some file the he see new menu item - 'Downloads' and on this page user will see list of files available for him.

Best Regards.