Sign-up form embedded into page content question

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by playpianoking, Oct 15, 2012.

1. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

In v4. you can either create a custom signup form template, or create a page and add the amember form variables to it.

By embed the amember signup page, do you mean like a javascript embed, or iframe? good idea.

David
  3. playpianoking

playpianoking Member

Yes, something like javascript embed or iframe. I want to put the amember form on a landing page template that I already have. So rather than build the page look in the amember form html, I want to paste the amember form code into a page's code.
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Its a good idea- i posted it to the bug tracker as an improvement.

David
  5. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Accepted, we will implement this! Thanks for idea.
  6. erald

erald aMember Pro Customer

This is what I like also. What is the status on this?
    I tried to embed the signup page via an iframe but the problem is that if a link is clicked or the next button is clicked you stay in the iframe.
    Tried it via an object embed but same problem.
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

This functionality will be available in aMember 4.3.0 :
    http://bt.amember.com/issues/979

Erald, please contact us in helpdesk we will help to modify signup template so user will be redirected correctly after form submit.
  8. hanafi2020

hanafi2020 aMember Pro Customer

9. hanafi2020

hanafi2020 aMember Pro Customer

I think, if combined with an autocreate username & password features must be more cool again.

1. autocreate username is taken from the email username, if there are similarities with the other username user add the numbers

eg: user@amember.com (email), username: user, if it already exists replace with user1

2. autocreate passwords using generated random passwords

3. don't forget to record affiliate link :D
  10. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

@hanafi2020 I am not sure what vemmabulder.com has to do with iframing aMember into a webpage.

@hanafi2020 @erald I tried the iframe approach quite a while back and it is not a viable solution. When aMember code is iframed within a webpage you have to call the web page to get the aMember code to display. Many links you click within an aMember page are hard coded to call another aMember page (not the page that has the embedded aMember page). This just isn't workable when using the iframe approach.

It sounds like Alex will develop a solution so those calls to other aMember pages, that are embedded, will work. IMHO, it is still better to modify the header/footer and not have to deal with these issues. If you want to go with the embed approach I suggest you wait until it is developed by aMember.
  11. barry_hawkins

barry_hawkins New Member

Did the aMember have a sign up shortcode that will used in wordpress? because I will embed the sign up form of aMember to my wordpress site.
  12. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Barry,
    aMember does not support placing the signup form in WordPress via shortcode. However, you have at least two options:
  13. slizamember

slizamember New Member

In the second post by davidm1, he refers to "create a page and add the amember form variables to it". The bottom line is that I need the forms (signup, login, etc.) to appear within my existing web page(s). I don't wan't the user to jump to an obvious third party page. Modifying the form template to look my my web page is fairly impossible as I would want to include my navigation, banner, etc. My navigation uses responsive bootstrap drop-down menus and they don't work with the template. I assume there is some CSS/JS conflict with the aMember files. It seems like it should be possible to use both my and aMember's scripts/css to get all to work. It may be a question of precendence and/or paths. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. if this won't work, I'll go the iframe option as well!!
  14. alexander

This is really better to modify aMember template instead of include aMember forms on your pages.
    Even if you include forms in your pages, on form submit user will be redirected to aMember still, so if there is an error in form user will see aMember form at the end.
    if you have issues with theme modification, please contact us in helpdesk we will help to resolve these issues.
  15. kriss

kriss Member

It would also be really nice if one could embed product purchase forms as well :)
  16. rb_wisetraveller

rb_wisetraveller New Member

Hi, I don't suppose there are similar widgets I can use in RapidWeaver? We have a very simple member site and little technical skills but would of course still like to have it look professional.
  17. alaingauthier

alaingauthier Click Play To Learn

What if you are needing to generate signup pages programatically based on a third party system. We have a website running with KirbyCMS (a php no database CMS) that generates our front end sales page and the back end lessons and courses. We have the back end access control working, but we are looking to have signup registration forms embedded in our front end sales system. When we create a new course we would like to not have to generate a custom form in AMember and embed it, we want to simply generate a custom form and tell it which product ID they are signing up for. Is it possible to embed a html or basic PHP form in the third party CMS that is passed an array for the productID?

does my question make enough sense?
  18. alexander

Well the simplest way to do this is to display amember's signup form in iframe.
    Modify aMember layout form and remove header and footers. Also make sure that you have included all products in signup form.
    In order to display only only product in a form you can use this query variable:
    /amember/signup/?display_product_id=PRODUCTID
  19. getknown

getknown aMember Pro Customer

Has Alex made this yet? Is it possible to imbed the signup page into my wordpress landing page? I really need this as I use plugins for that page, like countdown timers and can easily add in an autoplay video. Super high conversions await if the sign up can all be done on this page as they video plays and I sell them on my product and the 10 minute clock counts and then the page is blocked.
  20. getknown

getknown aMember Pro Customer

If I could simply just paste the code in or ideally drag and drop the bricks for formatting would be awesome. I'm not much of a coder so this would really help me make countless landing pages quickly. I get alot of people drop off the normal signup page.