Setting up products correctly

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by codelizard, Jan 18, 2014.

1. codelizard

codelizard New Member

Ok, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Lets start simple with setting up my products.

I sell a basic product, but it comes in many configurations. So, let's say:

Product Standalone
    Product for 5 users
    Product for 20 users

Ok, those are what I sell. I charge a base fee that includes 12 months of maintenance (membership). I then have an annual fee to keep maintenance current.

So, looking at the product setup, it seemed simple enough to make a product called "standalone", and say its $50 for 12 months, and then $10 recurring every 12 months.

My question: How does this work? Does the system AUTOMATICALLY re-bill the user after 6 months? or does it send the user an email and tell them to come and renew? When they click the renew screen, they see all 10 of my product levels, and no renewal option.

Sorry, this is just not working how I imagine my system working. Here is what I would PREFER to happen:

1) User comes and purchases my product.

2) Starting 3 weeks before membership expires, system automatically start sending reminders, telling them that their product is about to expire, asking them to come and renew. My product will have the same expiration date as the membership, and will also tell them on the screen that they need to renew.

3) User comes, signs in, clicks RENEW and enter's CC data to extend their membership.

that's it! That's what I want! Can amember do this? If not, how is the best way to do this?