Setting up a 12 month training course

Discussion in 'Paid Site Marketing' started by ellispratt, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ellispratt

ellispratt New Member

I want to set up a service where clients pay for a 12 month training course - each month I'd email the customer a link to that month's course. They start with course 1, end with course 12 and then the subscription ends.

This is how I see it working:

1. Client buys the 12 month course and gets billed each month for 12 months
    2. Month 1, they are emailed a link to course 1
    3. Month 2, they are emailed a link to course 2 etc
    4. Month 12, the billing ends

Ideally, they can access previous month's courses for a certain time period (say 90 days), but see not future courses until the right time.

Should I set it up like this:

The courses would be in separate folders (/advancedtraining/course1; advancedtraining/course2; etc).
    If the client subscribes to the training programme, this would allow him give him access to all the folders containing the course modules,
    but...
    To stop him accessing each month's course beforetime, links to future month's courses would be hidden from view.
    At the start of each month, email the client a link to that particular month's course.

My question is how do I hide the future months' courses from them?

Do I give each course its own negative product group (course 1 is -1 "signup.php?price_group=-1"; course 2 is signup.php?price_group=-2 etc)?

Is there a better way to do this?
  2. ellispratt

ellispratt New Member

Worked it out

Worked it out I think:

Have the product purchase give purchasers access to a folder (tngcourse1)

Put the course files in that folder or sub folders (the user cannot browse the folder)

email the url of the module 1 file (the user wil be able to see it, if they have paid for it) on month 1;email url for module 2 file at month 2; etc
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

4. ellispratt

ellispratt New Member

Thank you for that
    $60 that may be worth spending