Registration via non-amember page

Discussion in 'Integration' started by slinky, Dec 26, 2011.

1. slinky

slinky Member

I've got a little challenge here. I believe that amember will sync members that have been registered to various databases, e.g. if you leave on wordpress' registration, amember will see who the new members are and sync them back into the main amember database. This is not ideal.

Right now I'm working with gravity forms. I'd much rather have that put in the membership info directly into amember, e.g. via the xmlrpc field if possible. Ideally it would be great if I could have account creation created on amember and then sent to gravity, which could also be done the other way around, e.g. use amember to create an account and then have it entered immediately into Wordpress. I'd need to map a field like "First Name" and "Last Name" which I'm not quite sure how to do (but those are standard Wordpress profile fields.) Then I'd have the membership page go directly to a gravity form to complete the rest.

While it will be a challenge to have someone login to the third software package I have synced, I can worry about that later. I think I'll need to set much faster cron jobs to sync add the entries but maybe someone can explain a little more how I can have quick access to all parts of the site with one registration. I think it will have to be directly in amember...
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

With Version 4:
    1. Turn off WordPress (WP) registration
    2. Have users register on aMember (present signup page or aMember widget)
    3. aMember will create a WP user with the standard info (username, password, email, first name, last name)
    4. Then all WP plugins (such as Gravity Forms) can pull info from the WP database.
  3. slinky

slinky Member

Thanks - great suggestion and that is how I have it set up now. However, I'm having some problems - I can't get amember to do a single sign on across all multisites, even on the same domain but in a different subdirectory. Looking further at the issue, it seems it may be an amember issue more than anything else. So a user logs in but is only logged into the root site/blog, not any of the others with amember.
  4. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

This is outside my area of expertise. Alex or Alexander will have to chime in on this.
  5. slinky

slinky Member

Grant - yes, I think this is the case but thank you very much for the attempts at help. I've done quite a number of neat things with aMember that I haven't seen yet but this one is troubling.

Here's the other challenge. Let's say you have 4 sites in Wordpress multisite and let's call them Main, Cars and Sports. Main is the root. aMember hooks in only to the root blog and I don't know of a way to get logged in via the amember login into any of the other blogs, e..g Cars and Sports because technically aMember doesn't know they are there.

I might need to work out a way to get Wordpress to see the other sites in multisite as if they were separate installs. I am going to do something experimental. If this works, it will be pretty neat. I'll give you all results later.
  6. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

The problem seems to be in logged_in cookie that wordpress set. As I remember wordpress set it for each blog and aMember set it for main blog only. Please contact me in helpdesk I will help to troubleshoot this.