Rebill notification for recurring orders

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by superfactory, Sep 13, 2009.

1. superfactory

superfactory New Member

I'd like to set up an automatic email that is sent out around 5 days before the customer is rebilled for a recurring product. I integrate aMember with 1ShoppingCart.

In the aMember Setup I can see where I can set an expiration notification any number of days prior to expiration, but it specifically says it will not work for recurring products. Similarly in 1ShoppingCart there does not seem to be an option to notify a customer of an upcoming rebill.

We were getting several "WTF" emails after a rebill, so we've already beefed up the language on the site and in the welcome emails reminding them that this is a recurring subscription.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

For some reason i remember hearing that you may be able to do a negative number in the expire notification "-5", but dont think i ever tested.

David
  3. coderxo

coderxo New Member

use cron job

you can just have a developer create a standalone script that checks the db
    and emails the customers. Script will run one a day and notify 'em when it is 5 days to the charge day
  4. ianternet

ianternet aMember Pro Customer

@superfactory were you able to find a resolution for this as I am too looking for this as well. I have the newest amember pro 3.1.8 and I am using clickbank and paypal
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

You can use amember CP -> Manage Products -> Edit Product -> Send Automatic Email notifications for this.
    For example if you have monthly subscription, set notification to go out 25 days after payment.
  6. ianternet

ianternet aMember Pro Customer

@alexander

thanks I think that will do. but how will it work for trials? for example 7 day trials? also can I just do teh email setup in

setup -> email

so it will apply to all products? I assume I can? let me know if I am wrong.
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Well for Trials there is no simple way to do this.
    If your product does not have Trial you can set one notification and set aMember CP -> Manage Products -> Edit Product -> Send Automatic Emails after Renewal -> Reset days counter

But in case of trial where first period will be different above suggestion will not work.
    You can change /amember/member.inc.php mail_expire_members function and remove this line:
    Code:
    if ($paysys['recurring'] && $pr['is_recurring']) continue; // don't send if auto-recurring

So expiration notifications will be sent even for recurring products.
  8. aditya99

aditya99 New Member

I Can't see this option at edit product...
  9. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

This thread is about outdated version of aMember (version 3). There is not such option in recent version.

In aMember version 5 you can setup payment notifications at:
    aMember CP -> Protect Content -> E-Mail Messages (New Payment Email)

You can set option 'Send E-Mail Message' to several days in advance of recurring recurring payment.

Best Regards.