Protecting the entire wordpress folder or entire post category.

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by affiliateplayboy, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. affiliateplayboy

affiliateplayboy New Member

Hi there

Does anyone know the correct folder to pick to protect just all my posts in a certain category in my wordpress site folder?

I'm trying to setup protection for ALL my wordpress posts at theracingtipsters.com/members/

I'm in the amember admin area at PROTECT CONTENT >> FOLDERS >> NEW RECORD

But when I select the folder theracingtipsters.com/members/ to protect it also stops me from from logging into wordpress admin at theracingtipsters.com/members/wp-admin/ because I have to log in first as a user, not the admin.

So (I guess) I either need to somehow copy the admin user profile from wordpress across to amember as well so i can admin the protected site or find the correct folder to JUST protect all my posts in wordpress.

I don't want to protect each daily post individually if possible and anyway that doesn't seem to be working for me, I can still see the posts on Safari.

If anyone can help me just protect the post's category "premium racing tips" on my site at theracingtipsters.com/members/ that would be great.

Thanks Daniel
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Dear Daniel,

I suggest to use aMember WP plugin. This plugin allow you to protect certain category within your WP admin interface and all post within this category will be protected. I guess it is exactly your use case. Please have a look http://www.amember.com/docs/Integration/Wordpress
    This plugin is included to aMember by default.

Do not hesitate to contact us in helpdesk if you need any help with plugin installation/configuration.

Best Regards.
  3. affiliateplayboy

Hi

Thanks for giving me the link to your documents, I was aware of them and I had already gone through them along with the installation video several times.

When I click "protect whole blog" in wordpress admin >> amember settings it doesn't lock up anything. In fact non of my posts can be locked up either. When I try to do it the other way of choosing a file I don't know which file to choose as it doesn't seem to say in the doc's, and I can't choose "members" as I said above.
  4. caesar

I guess you are logged in as admin to your WP installation during protection test. Plugin do not apply protection rules for logged in admins.

File protection is not suitable in this case. File protection can be used to protect some assets (pdf/video/images etc.) but not WP posts.
  5. affiliateplayboy

Thanks, I think that was the problem, I was logged in as admin, doah! I will be testing it properly on several devices / browsers making sure I'm logged out of admin when I get more time. But yeah, It seems to be working fine protecting the whole blog, thanks for your time.
  6. caesar

You are welcome!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.