Protect Existing html Page

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by eric650, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric650

eric650 New Member

I know there is an easy solution to this but I can't figure it out. I want to protect an existing html page on my site. I tried creating a new protected page in the dashboard and pasting my source code in the text editor but I only get a 404 error. I've also scoured the documentation and forum without any luck.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

The best and reliable approach is put all your html pages (that you want to protect) to separate folder and then protect this folder:
    aMember CP -> Protect Content -> Folders

All content within this folder become protected.

Best Regards.
  3. eric650

eric650 New Member

Thank you! I've done that and everything is working. I do have the concern, though, that it's possible to type in the URL of the html page within the protected folder and bypass the protection. Is there a way to avoid this?
  4. caesar

I am afraid it is not possible.

Do you want have ability to access content within protect folder?
    Just create user fro himself and grant him lifetime access to this folder/product.
    aMember CP -> Users -> Add User

Best Regards.
  5. eric650

eric650 New Member

That's too bad. To clarify, what I'm doing is publishing a digital graphic novel. Each html page is a segment of the story. Users will pay to view each segment. So, if everything goes well, there will be several users accessing each html page within the protected folder(s). Would you say that a protected folder (or folders) is still the best approach?

Thank you again.
  6. caesar

Oh, I believe I misunderstand your original questions. In case of user specify full url to content within protect folder then he still need to login to access it. It is not possible to access anything within protect folder without log in.

In your case I suggest to create dedicated folder for each novel and then protect all these folders.

Best Regards.
  7. eric650

eric650 New Member

Excellent. Thank you!
    caesar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.