Problems in XenForo

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by michaelwardlaw, Oct 8, 2012.

1. michaelwardlaw

michaelwardlaw New Member

We are having a rough time getting XenForo integrated with the aMember Pro product. I wanted to ask a few specific and pointed questions so I can understand exactly how the two interoperate, and how we can adjust the forum and/or aMember to work together.

Since XenForo works fine here on the official aMember site, I am thinking there is some small thing we are overlooking. There is no documentation for the XenForo module in the wiki unfortunately.

1. After a user registers and pays through aMember, what exactly is the mechanism that opens up access to them in XenForo? Is a primary usergroup changed? Or, is a secondary group added? I see in the aMember setup where you select an existing usergroup to assign to the aMember signup process.

2. We already had members in XenForo, and we exported from that and imported into aMember (the usernames and email addresses only). When we do that, how will those be integrated into aMember and then, trigger whatever needs to happen on the XenForo side?

3. Is it imperative to use the aMember add-on in XenForo? As I understand it from various forum posts here, it may not be necessary. I read that if the cookie prefix is the same for both, a member logging in directly to XenForo would thereby also be logged into aMember. Some of the redirects with the add-on are sloppy; I am considering minor template changes to fix that however.

I will have more questions as these are answered, so I appreciate the help. I know both XenForo and WordPress quite in-depth, yet have not ever attempted getting aMember to cooperate with both.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

1. It works as any other integration plugins. User get access according his active subscription in aMember. User will be moved to default group (if specified in plugin configuration) if he has not any active subscription. Plugin works only with single group - it change primary group and always reset secondary group. (it is limitation of current integration)

2. Better to use auto-create option in xenforo plugin instead. This option is not available in released plugin but it has been already implemented in development version. Please contact us in helpdesk and we will add this feature to your plugin.

3. It is up to you. This plugin just redirect login urls from xenforo to aMember.