Poor Response Time on support tickets/emails

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by billtruby, May 24, 2008.

1. billtruby

billtruby New Member

I bought aMember Pro and have had to wait several days for any type of response. As of today I have yet to get a response to a question I posted several days ago.

CGI Central either does not have the capability to handle their ticketing system or they simply do not care about customer support.

Emailing support@cgi-central.net doesn't generate any type of response either.

Their guaranteed 24 hour response is simply untrue:
    http://www.amember.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2166

Maybe this post will generate some a response to my ticket inquiries:
    The ticket number is: DFX-57710-367
  2. calisolllc

calisolllc Member

Shasta, understand that firstly its the weekend.
    Secondly those with live amember sites and active businesses with critical problems take precedence over sites that are still being built.
    If you had a site that was up and running for months with a 1,00 active members and had a critical fault youd be the first person to want their ticket looked at in preference to those who have just purchased and are most likely still configuring their system.
    Its a small business you are dealing with NOT Microsoft...ooops I forgot Microsoft hardly ever answer problems in quick time (if at all ) either.
    Also IF your query has something to do with something you can read in the documentation then it will be given even lower preference. This forum is for users to help other users, not for whining. If you actually care to detail your problem rather than your gripe here we may be able to help you
  3. billtruby

billtruby New Member

aMember says that they "guarantee" response time within 24 hours. I purchased the software expecting that type of service.

Maybe the forum community will serve as a better resource for help. If I don't hear back from them I'll give the forum a try.

Thanks for your very detailed and informative response to my testimonial.
  4. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Member

that used to be the case but I believe (no announcement was made) they are now taking the weekends off to the 24 hours would be during the business days.

If you have waited longer then I have no idea (remember they are in russia so they are a day ahead of me)
  5. marclindsay

marclindsay New Member

I have to agree the support is poor in timing

But what they lack in timing I would say they in almost all cases have made up for in technical knowhow.

Very happy with amember as a product just takes a bit to learn your way around the architecture of how it ties in with things
  6. lucidology_com

lucidology_com New Member

I've found their support to be top notch. They have answered all my requests within one business day and their staff really knows the product inside and out.