Plugin - amProtect: WordPress Plugin for aMember

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by kengary, Apr 9, 2009.

1. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

amProtect is a plugin for WordPress that allows you to protect posts and pages with aMember.

• Choose any post or page to be protected by any number of products in aMember.
    • Does not rely on a hierarchy of user roles so content can be protected by mutually exclusive groups of members.
    • No users are added to WordPress.
    • Does not require the aMember WordPress plugin. But it still works when that plugin is installed and configured.

Click here for more information and to watch a video that shows how it is installed and how it works.
  2. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

Does it allow for any customization (within its code) as in to show excerpts instead of blocking the whole post, show a custom content/page/message instead of just the signup form, etc?

Good job, btw!
  3. kengary

Thank you!

No, the amProtect plugin is for when you want to completely block anyone from seeing the entire post or page who hasn't purchased your product.

If you want to show the teaser and/or an excerpt you're probably better off using the hidepost technique as described at Membership Academy.
  4. kengary

I have improved my amProtect plugin for WordPress so that it is much, much easier to pick which of your aMember products protect each post or page.

Take a look at the video here:

http://www.amprotect.com/

For a limited time I'm offering a $10 off coupon if you visit that page.
  5. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@kengary: been keeping an eye on your site and you are really delivering some quality products! I just watched the new amprotect video and am really impressed. Great Job!
  6. kengary

Hey, thanks a lot! I've got to make some videos for my amUpsell, amOffers, and amStrategy plugins so people can make their minds up about them too. ;-D
  7. barbt

barbt New Member

Automated content drip?

Hi there,

Does your plugin allow for automated content drip to the Wordpress as well, or is that a different task completely?

Thanks!

Barbara
  8. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

I'm curious for the answer too, so: bump ;)
  9. kengary

@barbt and @erwinvdb No, right now it does not do anything extra for incremental content drip. That is something I am going to consider soon so please tell me what you had in mind. What were you looking for in that area? How would you like to see it work? I would like to consider what I could do with that.

On another note, I have just recently updated amProtect again so that not only does it entirely block a post, you now have the option not to block the entire post but rather just to block specific portions of the post. This means that it works more like the hidepost method where you can click on the link in the post and see all of the header/footer/navigation no matter what but whatever part of the post you don't want anyone who is not logged in to see can be blocked. The difference is that it goes by the products you sell in aMember, not roles set up in WordPress and you still can have mutually exclusive protected content...now even within the same post. When they are not logged in and/or they have not purchased the specific product(s) the message tells them which product(s) they would need to purchase and it gives them the appropriate link to go directly to that product and purchase it (using price_group and product_id).

So there is a step in the right direction. When I did this last update I thought about incremental content but I am taking baby steps and did not go that far with it yet. I'm still not sure what that looks like so you can help me build a picture in my mind that I can work towards. ;-D
  10. erwinvdb

erwinvdb aMember Pro Customer

Well, if amProtect could work together with the aMember incremental content plugin?
    However the incremental content plugin works with folders and makes a link to that that folder available when time is there for the particular user.
    But if an URL could be used next to or instead of a folder than I think it would be a lot easier to protect.
    Maybe something like an URL rewrite in the protected folder?

Note: I'm thinking outloud here. We're still brainstorming, right? ;)