PHP 5.6.31 with version 4.3.6

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by puntti, Jul 2, 2019.

1. puntti

puntti New Member

Hi all, hoping someone can shed some light into why I'm not getting an IPN from PayPal to my amember pro to say someone has made a purchase. i.e they are staying as pending status. My host says outgoing connections to www.paypal.com port 80 are open so that's not the problem. It's worked for the last several years, then today I upgraded to PHP 5.6.31. I know I should have upgraded my amember pro from version 4.3.6 by now but it's been working fine so didn't want to upset it.

Is there any compatibility issues with amember version 4.3.6 and PHP 5.6.31 as far as the IPN is concerned? Paypal is showing the IPN as being sent. But amember just isn't listing them as being active?

Will be grateful for any help or advice anyone can give.

I am also seeing this in the Error/Debug Log if it helps? URL …member/payment/paypal/ipn

DateTime::__construct(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

When I expand it, it says:

Exception Exception
    DateTime->__construct [ library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Paypal.php : 34 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Paypal->findTime [ library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Incoming.php : 289 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Incoming->autoCreate [ library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Incoming.php : 302 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Incoming->validate [ library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Abstract.php : 48 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Abstract->process [ library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Incoming.php : 246 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Transaction_Incoming->process [ library/Am/Paysystem/Abstract.php : 463 ]
    Am_Paysystem_Abstract->directAction [ application/default/controllers/DirectController.php : 28 ]
    DirectController->__call [ library/Am/Controller.php : 118 ]
    Am_Controller->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php : 295 ]
    Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch [ library/Zend/Controller/Front.php : 954 ]
    Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch [ library/Am/App.php : 1950 ]
    Am_App->run [ index.php : 43 ]

Would this have anything to do with it?

Kind Regards,
    Tanya.
  2. puntti

puntti New Member

Ok I fixed it so thought I'd add the fix here too incase anyone else comes across the same problem.

I added this line to the top of /amember/application/configs/config.php just after <?php line:
    date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles');

Forcing it to use a timezone instead of the servers default. It's now receiving the IPN from Paypal a-ok.