Paypals new subscription method...

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by swintec, Jul 6, 2018.

1. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

Has everybody been migrated to paypals new subscription method? Subscriptions now start with "I-" instead of "S-". I seem to have a problem with it and I am hoping others can look at there new payment emails to confirm it is happening to them as well. Amember support directed me to paypal support and what blows my mind is paypal support is telling me it is all intended to work this way which will take some fixing on amembers end to fix it and also cause merchants to have to eat the costs for all users who sign up after a certain point in the evening.

For reference: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...al-Subscriptions/td-p/1390212/highlight/false

For an overview, users who start a subscription after a certain time in the evening with the new subscription system (not sure what that time cut off is) do not have the dates matching up between what paypal says and what the date is currently for my time zone (which is set correctly in my paypal account). Time zone is eastern USA.

for example: a user started a monthly subscription the evening of the 5th at 21:00 EDT (my time zone). the next rebill date should be 8/05 (this is all how everything has worked for many years).

if i look at the paypal emails for the new subscription set up it shows this:
    Amount paid each time:$4.99 USD
    Billing cycle:Monthly
    Payments start:July 6th, 2018
    Next payment due:August 6th, 2018

my paypal account is set up to my own time zone so the above values should be the 5th not the 6th especially because the user started the subscription on the 5th, NOT the 6th.

What i wonder is if merchants are on the west coast if the problem will be worse for them since they are even 3 hours beyond east coasters.