PayPal Pro recurring issue since upgrade to 4.6.1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by zenpig66, May 7, 2015.

1. zenpig66

zenpig66 aMember Pro Customer

I no longer have PayPal Pro as a sign up method for new customers but have it active due to at one time it was the best plugin for PayPal and Amember on recurring payments. Last version used was 4.5.3 and up till then all recurring payments sent via PayPal were recognized by the plugin as PayPal Pro and applied properly to customers account. Now, the plugin no longer knows how to deal with it apparently....PayPal sends it and when the plugin receives it the error log simply states that "the invoice was created by another payment plugin" and I am having to manually check my PayPal account for payments not applied in Amember and manually add them. Since it was used for quite awhile it is becoming quite the hassle for there are several every day. I do have a support ticket in but compared to past ones I've had(granted it's been awhile since using it) they seem to be understaffed and taking quite a long time so just checking here for any ideas.

do want to add that due to several changes in PayPal and Amember plugins over the years I have 3 active plugins...regular PayPal, PayPal express, and PayPal Pro with only PayPal express being used for new signups over last couple of years. IPN is set on PayPal account to regular PayPal plugin which then resends them to both the express and Pro plugins...this worked well to cover the different methods used over the years and recurring payments based on whatever method was used at the time of signup till now.
    thanks
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Steve,
    I've sent solution in your ticket in helpdesk.
    There was a change in latest version which check incoming IPN messages fro security reasons.
  3. zenpig66

zenpig66 aMember Pro Customer

thankyou for your response...think you got it.
  4. mspronk

mspronk New Member

Can someone please post the solution/response in this forum? It would be useful for others that have gotten into similar issues with this "multiple Paypal setup" over the last years.
    edward_shephard likes this.
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Edit /amember/library/Am/Paysystem/Transaction/Incoming.php and remove these two lines:
    PHP:
            if($this->invoice->paysys_id != $this->getPaysysId())
                throw new 
    Am_Exception_Paysystem_TransactionInvalid("Invoice was created by another payment plugin.");

6. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I know this is an old post but is the above solution still valid? I've rather dismissed this error message but I've been looking at errors more carefully recently!

Would this error have affected sales? Would some attempts to pay have failed?