Payment Processing / Recurring Billing

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by JimmyStephans, Apr 30, 2021.

1. JimmyStephans

JimmyStephans Member

I'm using aMember on model websites.

I want to set a subscription price $49.95 and a recurring discount price of $39.95

EXAMPLE 1: Person joins and pays $49.95 and after one month automatic payment of $39.95 for his second month and continues until he cancels or his payment card no longer works.

That discount is his reward for remaining a loyal subscriber month after month. This works fine at this time.

One issue I wish to solve is those that leave the site and come back.

EXAMPLE 2: Person joins and pays $49.95. After one day he cancels the recurring (automatic) rebilling so after 30 days his subscription has expired.

If I leave his profile in the system and he returns in 180 days, signs into his profile, he is shown the discount rate of $39.95 to subscribe again to that model.

This person is not a loyal month to month customer. He, because he cancelled the automatic billing after the $49.95 payment, should not get the discount.

Is this possible?

Have I overlooked some setting in the product?

Thanks for any help!

Jimmy
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello Jimmy,

Do you have single recurring billing plan with first price = $49.95 and second price = $39.95, is it correct?

In this case it looks like this customer resume his subscription. You can disable ability to resume subscription at:
    aMember CP -> Configuration -> Setup/Configuration -> Advanced (Allow resume cancelled recurring subscription)

Best Regards.
  3. JimmyStephans

JimmyStephans Member

Caesar, thank. I think I have that set correctly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member