Pause/Suspend Drip Content?

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by hebrew, Jun 8, 2021.

1. hebrew

hebrew aMember Pro Customer

We use aMember to drip content to members in an ongoing course.

Sometimes people want to take a break so we pause/suspend their PayPal subscription and reactivate it later. While they are paused/suspended in PayPal I would like to give them ongoing access to the content they have paid for, but not drip them any more new content since they have stopped paying for now.

This won't work with just the product they are currently paying for -- their access ends a month after the last payment. If I give them free access with the existing product their time in the course goes up, so the [am4show have='product1,number-of-days;' ] system that I use to drip the content will allow them more and more content.

On the other hand, if I use a different product to give them access to the same course, then [am4show have='product1,number-of-days;' ] doesn't seem to work any more, once the access for product1 expires. Once their access to product1 expires, the days count for that product becomes zero, until they pay again.

Is there a way to give access like this, with one product giving the access and the other product being used to calculate the amount time the member paid for?

Alternatively, is there a way to give a fixed number for the [amshow] for a given member? Something like:

[amsomething if (userID ==123) then $days=57]
    [am4show have='product2,$days;' ] content [/amshow]

Thanks for any help!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Do you mean you want user to have access to already released for him content lifetime (regardless of current product expiration)?

Please note that have attribute of am4show shortcode can have third parameter - define expiration of access, it can be -1 - forever, so you can use:
    PHP:
    [am4show have='p2,5,-1;' ]this content will be shown from 5 day to forever[/am4show]
    hebrew likes this.
  3. hebrew

hebrew aMember Pro Customer

Thanks! That worked!

For anyone reading, what I did was set up a second product. Let's call it Product1-suspended. Product1-suspended has access to the same course directory as Product1, so the member is not locked out of the course.

On the course page itself, I used caesar's advice and did the -1 expiration thing, so any content that they had received when Product1 was active would still appear on the page, if appropriate. Simple!