Our members lost the ability to log into our site

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by mainefilm, Jul 26, 2010.

1. mainefilm

mainefilm New Member

I am involved with the site for the Maine Film & Video Association which was designed in Expression Engine and uses aMember for various membership functions. I'm not a programmer and the one (self-taught) programmer we did have is no longer able to work with us. We have one immediate and dramatic problem that needs to be addressed. We hope to find somebody to initially address this problem and if all goes well, this person could be called upon for other assistance on a case by case basis.

We might want to consider a re-design at some point, but our pressing problem at the moment is that our current members cannot log into their member page (so they can't update their profile or utilize member-only functions of the site.)

The problem occurred after a server move. It appears that all of the proper URLs have been updated, but the issue has not been resolved.

If this something you feel you could tackle, please send along examples of projects you have done. I am unclear how much Expression Engine knowledge would be required. It is possible to log members into the back end of Expression Engine first and then access the site, but the site is not pulling password info from aMember.

Thanks,
    Mark
    --

Maine Film & Video Association, web chair
    www.mainefilm.com
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Mark: Can you provide any specifics on what the users are having?

1) Are they having issues logging into aMember or one of the 3rd party apps you have integrated?

2) Are they receiving an error message of some kind?

3) Can you log into admin ok?

4) Is it for all users or just old / new users?
  3. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

Hey Mark!

When you say they cannot log into their member page and change anything...is that the aMember member page (at /amember/member.php) or is that an Expression Engine member page?