No Page Refresh After Sign In

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ak48avk, Nov 4, 2018.

1. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

It may be something obvious, so before I raise a ticket -

I'm not sure when the problem started, so here are some of the changes I have made recently.
    I have moved to cloud hosting from standard hosting on Doteasy. Is it something to do with PHP version?
    I updated Google Analytics code to Gtag. But went back to the older version and it was still the same.
    Updated to latest DreamweaverCC. I have reloaded a lot of pages recently so may have just corrupted something.

I thought at first it might be Safari after updating the OS to Mojave on my Mac but I have tried most other browsers.

Please try it if you think you can help.

https://angelakane.com
    Id - aMemberCheck
    Password - aMemberCheck

Thank you,
    Angela
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello Angela,

I tried to login with these credentials and it seems to work properly for me.
    Do you still have this issue? What is url you use to login when have this issue?

Thanks.
  3. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Hello Caesar,
    Thanks for responding.

When I sign in to my site - what ever id I use, my own or 'log in as user' from one of my customers, or the aMemberCheck that I set up to test - so from the login page, login takes you to the profile page. It's ok if you open a page, say Free Patterns that hasn't been opened before, but if you click on the Angela Kane logo to take you back to the home page, the menu shows you are not signed in. If you refresh, the menu correctly shows the customers id in the menu.

Again, if you are in Free Patterns and then return to the Home page via the menu, it shows not signed in and you have to refresh.

So, any page that was opened before signing in, does not update until you refresh. This has always worked properly until recently.

Doing a google search on the problem, I notice people have posted about webpages refreshing unnecessarily and that it has been fix. Has the fix caused the problem? But I've tested several browsers and the same thing is happening.

Thanks for your help.
  4. caesar

I see reason of this issue. Your site send "expires" header and browse cache page until "expires" date/time.
    So when you open page again (when you already logged in) browse show page from cache (when you is not logged in yet) instead of load new page from server.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Expires

Did you do any changes on your server/site recently to enable this header?
  5. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

Thanks Caesar, That's brilliant. As mentioned in my first post, I upgraded my hosting. I shall get Doteasy to sort it out for me.

Thanks again for looking into it for me.

aMember is the Best!!
  6. caesar

You are welcome! I hope it helps.