Multiple ways to set up protection for web pages?

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by mhalper2000, Jan 31, 2020.

1. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

Hello,

I have been using aMember for years and my previous developer set up aMember to provide access to our custom web application. I never understood where they configured the access instructions for different subscriptions because when I would go to area "Protect Content" in the admin panel and never saw any records set up.

But the system worked and our subscribers had access so I never really tried to figure it out.

But now I have changed developers and I am trying to set up a new product/subscription level and trying to copy how the other subscriptions we have were set up but not sure how that was done.

Is it be possible to the other developer had some sort of instruction or file at the code level to provide access and did not use the amember functionality?

Is there more than one way to configure access and protection?

Should I use the "Protect Content" functionality to provide access to a series of webpages?
  2. mhalper2000

mhalper2000 aMember Pro Customer

Disregard, my developer figured it out. The other developer wrote the code to check for subscription instead of using aMember.
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

4. chuoiit8

chuoiit8 New Member

thanks you