Multiple Subscription

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by jsalatas, May 2, 2014.

1. jsalatas

jsalatas New Member

Hi!

I'm using amember 4 in order to provide to our customers a subscription which can be either 1 or 5 years (ie. I have setup two products). In general we don't want our users to have multiple subscriptions or renew their subscription before it expires, with the exception of the last month in their subscription.

To be more clear, imagine the scenario that a user has an active subscription that expires at 1/Jan/2015. A month earlier (ie at 1/Dec/2014), she will receive a notification email to notify her that her subscription will expire in next month. Before she receives that email, I don't want her to be able to renew the subscription, but after she receives it, she should be able to renew.

Can that be done out of the box, or I need to customize the code?

If I need to customize the code I guess the place to do is in the /application/default/models/Products.php in function filterProducts. Right?
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Can be done out of the box I would have thought.

Without actually looking through the program for a moment one way would be to hide the renewal form and create one with a link. You provide that link in the email.