Multiple servers, one each for amember, wordpress, and vbulletin

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by gcornelisse, Feb 14, 2013.

1. gcornelisse

gcornelisse New Member

We've recently had security issues. Its not clear whether is was amember 3 or not considering everything else we run on the server. As part of the recovery we'd like to run wordpress, upgrade to amember 4, and vbulletin, each on their own servers but still seamlessly integrated as if they were on one.

They'll all be on the same domain, just each on their own subdomain. My question is, can aMember 4 work normally in this type of isolated setup? It will have access to the wp and vb databases, but it will not have file system access to each other. I know during the setup of am4 it asks you to browse for the config files of each, wp and vb. If I just bring over the config files from each temporarily during the am4 install/setup, will that be enough? I believe the am4 plugin for wordpress needs to know where am4 is installed. Is there a workaround for that too?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

1. You don;t need to have scripts installed on the same server. When you configure plugin do not use "Browse", but specify scripts database connection info and configuration settings manually.
    2. As for am4 plugin, contact me in helpdesk I will provide development version of plugin, which can connect to aMember's database directly.
  3. pkopitz

pkopitz aMember Pro Customer

Hi,

I'm trying to install the amember wordpress plugin.
    My wordpress site is on www.YYY.com and my amember site on login.sso.YYY.com.
    Of course I can not find the wordpress folder in the plugin installation when I click the browse button, same if I go through worpress with the amember plugin, because the subdomains are different.
    Could you please send me instructions for this installation: 1. You don;t need to have scripts installed on the same server. When you configure plugin do not use "Browse", but specify scripts database
    connection info and configuration settings manually.

Also would it be possible to send the the development plugin that can connect to the amember database directly?

Many thanks for your help
    Patrick