Migrating from DAP/vbulletin

Discussion in 'Installation' started by kellye, Jun 26, 2012.

1. kellye

kellye New Member

I have been using Digital Access Pass on my Wordpress site - soloprpro.com - which includes both free and protected content based on Paypal recurring subscriptions (some monthly, some annual). I also have a vbulletin Forum for members, which is protected/integrated with DAP.

I'm interested in switching to aMember, and I see that the version 4.1.13 release notes mention a DAP import feature from Paypal. Is there further documentation on this feature, or can someone outline the basic steps for me?

My main questions are:
    1. Can aMember and DAP operate simultaneously for a time, so the protections can be added in aMember while the content is being protected by DAP (or is there another means for doing this)?

2. DAP uses FirstnameLastname as the username - can that be preserved for existing users (this is also their vbulletin user name)?

3. What happens to current members' DAP password info?

Right now I have less than 200 paying members, so a certain amount of re-keying/data entry is acceptable, if necessary. I'm just hoping to make the transition painless for current members. Thanks in advance!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

DAP import allow to import all users from DAP as is. All user names/passwords will be imported inact and also all paypal transactions will be imported. So:
    1. No unfortunately this can't be done. You have to import users/payments and then change protection immediately. So there will be downtime.
    2. sure.
    3. It will be the same in amember after import.
  3. sally2011

sally2011 New Member

Where can I find the DAP import feature and details of how it works?
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

tgmwrr likes this.