Mailchimp integration questions

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by kellye, Aug 23, 2012.

1. kellye

kellye New Member

I believe I have aMember and MailChimp communicating with each other properly, but had the following questions to complete the integration:

1. Do I have to go to each user record individually to add them to the list, or is there a way to globally add all active users to the newsletter/MailChimp list?

2. I don't want my members to get the "please confirm email subscription" email from MailChimp -- I need it to be single opt-in. MailChimp doesn't offer this as a customizable setting -- all I've seen notes that it has to do with the double_optin parameter in the API: http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/rtfm/listsubscribe.func.php

How can we make a single opt-in work with aMember? Thanks!
  2. fonderco

fonderco New Member

I would like to know more info on this as well... Specifically adding existing users to the newsletter, and not having the double opt-in.
  3. fonderco

fonderco New Member

Also, I manually subscribed a user to the newletter via Amember, but when I go to MailChimp the list still has no new subscribers... I.E. the MailChimp list is still at 0 but Amember says 1.
  4. kellye

kellye New Member

Fonderco- Based on my testing, the MailChimp list won't reflect the new user until they've clicked "yes, subscribe me" in the confirmation email (the double opt-in I need to avoid).

Shall I assume a lack of answers on this thread means no one has found a way around the opt-in issue?
  5. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

It is my understanding that MailChimp requires the double opt in.
  6. raphael

raphael New Member

@skippybosco It is possible to not have double opt in on mailchimp. I know this because I have seen it implemented in a wordpress plugin I have used, premise 2.0.
  7. raphael

raphael New Member

8. betterboards

betterboards New Member

Would be great to see no double-opt in as a feature in the amember mailchimp plugin.
  9. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It will be included into 4.2.10 release (next week).
  10. bronchick

bronchick New Member

Is there a way to integrate with more than one list in Mail Chimp? So, each membership level corresponds to a list in Mailchimp?
  11. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Sure, you can configure several lists.
    Look at aMember Cp -> Protect Content -> Newsletters, click "Refresh 3rd party lists", you will see all your MailChimp lists. You may edit and assign corresponding products to each of lists.
  12. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Possible to do some more deeper integration using their webhooks?
    Adding pending to a pending list, then removing when moved to subscriber, then onto an inactive list?

David
  13. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Not bad David replying to a post after almost 4years!!