Looking for a long term PHP/MYSQL developer

Discussion in 'Free Talk for Website Owners and Webmasters' started by jackgordon, Dec 30, 2009.

1. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

I have a small but growing online business that depends on regular innovation, as well as quick turnaround on occasional tech support requests. I need a long term developer to replace one who is leaving for a new job.

I am looking for a freelance PHP/MySQL expert, with with some experience also in javascript, HTML, CSS and popular CMS platforms. Experience in aMember is a huge plus. The right candidate will be creative in his or her approach to solving problems, have a strong understanding of building and maintaining databases, be a good communicator, self motivated, dependable and deadline driven.

To be considered, you must be available on short notice to help with the occasional problem, and I must be able able to easily communicate with you by phone during regular business hours Michigan time (EST).

Out of the gate, you can expect at least 5-10 hours a week of work from me, with periodic spikes in work as new features are added to my service. In addition, I have an associate with a similar project who will require regular support, though to a lesser extent, as well. We would be separate clients, but he will follow my lead.

Serious candidates please reply with your resume, portfolio, rates and availability for an interview. I will provide more specifics when I get your email.
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

@Jack:

You'll have the best luck with spec based development.

That being said, three folks that come to mind (in no particular order) that you should actually reach out to personally:

Ken Gary (http://kencinnus.com/)
    Larry Lewis (http://jlogica.com)
    Chris Broland (cbroland -at- gmail.com)
  3. jackgordon

jackgordon Member

Thanks Skippy,

I have spoken with Ken, and I know Chris well - he is actually my current programmer, and a damn good one, but he is moving on to bigger and better things.

Larry is an interesting suggestion, unfortunately I need someone in approximately my time zone, as there will be fairly regular communication between us.

I greatly appreciate the recommendations!