Looking for a gallery recommendation.

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by tamitaylor, Aug 13, 2013.

1. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

My site currently runs amember, with vbulletin forums and photopost gallery. I'm unhappy with the photopost gallery because of permission settings.

My site is a online class site, with each new class comes a new usergroup in forum/gallery. When I add the usergroup to the gallery, photopost by default gives them permission to everything so I have to manually go in and uncheck their permissions in EVERY SINGLE GALLERY I have - after 2 years of online classes let's say this has become quite a number of galleries. This is tedious and a waste of my time.

I'm looking for a gallery that would work with vbulletin AND allows me to set new usergroups as NOT having permission to existing galleries. (I would rather go in and give permission for the one gallery the user group needs than deny permission for the 30 galleries they do not need access to...)

I hope this is making sense. Any suggestions?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Tami,
    it would be much cheaper in all senses to hire a programmer to modify PhotoPost to make it useful for you. It must be 1-2 lines of code and would cost you $100 at max.
  3. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

Thanks. The problem in that is I dont know programmers nor know how to find one to trust. How would I look for this?
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I would seek at odesk.com
  5. tamitaylor

tamitaylor Member

Thank you!

I have to say I wish EVERY company had the same customer service that amember did.