License Key Generator

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by deusdies, Apr 20, 2012.

1. deusdies

deusdies New Member

Hi guys,

Previously I had a custom-made membership script on my website that wasn't really all that powerful, but it did the two things I required - it had member-only area, and it displayed the license key generated.

The license key generator was located in the PayPal IPN script. This script would generate the license and enter it into the database. The member.php part would display this license from the database if the user logged in successfully.

So I have several questions:

• Is something similar available for aMember? Or would I have to manually edit the aMember's database and the member's template?
    • Is it safe to fiddle with the aMember's database and then just use the {smarty} tags, or should I put it in a separate database?
    • Is the best way to have my license generated to simply edit the IPN script the aMember uses and add some code to it?
    • Finally, is this the best solution, or is there something better?
    Cheers and thanks in advance!
  2. deusdies

deusdies New Member

3. microvb

microvb Member

Hello,

aMember allows you to extend the system using their API by creating plugins. It is within these plugins which can be associated with products (created using amember) directly in code, or indirectly by associating inside aMember.

So yes, you can create a module which will issue a license key to purchasers. You should have the module use a different table and associate it by the field amember_id .
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

We are planning "softsales" module for aMember that will solve this task. Feel free to contact me personally (Attn: alex) in helpdesk and provide details about license generation and how it all must work in ideal, I hope I will be able to help.
  5. deusdies

deusdies New Member

Thanks Alex (and you too microvb) - I will be contacting you shortly.
  6. microvb

microvb Member

That sounds like great news alex. Looking forward to seeing the results. I have some information we can discuss in confidence inside helpdesk which may help expand that side of things so you could offer a full integrated solution for software deployment.
  7. webmedia

webmedia New Member

well that's something i`ll love to see in amember
  8. hishaman

hishaman New Member

Any updates about this softsales module? I am very interested!
  9. leetspeak

leetspeak New Member

I also need something like this, even if just the ability to call/execute one of my own scripts based on what production is purchased. i would just edit the paypal ipn file but i cant even find that. any ideas?