key.php file

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by cdevault00, Jan 8, 2017.

1. cdevault00

cdevault00 New Member

I've been stuck on the following step of the payment processing (Stripe if it matters) since last night, looking for anything I may be missing. Here's the directions:

To use credit card plugins, you need to create a key file that contains unique encryption key for your website. It is necessary even if the plugin does not store sensitive information.

In a text editor, create file with the following content (one-line, no spaces before opening <?php):

<?php return '3QFb8okHukxCuizNfpzFjKhDjelhZGSgH0mZWoSpodwCE3PxYPKUmeMlk1z7PLuwCnVuHnMrvKVrLs';

save the file as key.php, and upload to amember/application/configs/ folder. This warning will disappear once you do it correctly.

KEEP A BACKUP COPY OF THE key.php FILE (!)

So I do this in notepad, save the file, and upload it to access/application/configs/ (I changed the named of the amember folder at installation to access). I've tried changing the permissions from the default permissions to 777 to no avail. Attached is an example of the key file I'm creating. Any assistance would be really welcome at this point. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

dont need in new stripe as far as i recall

go to stripe, look for live secret and Publishable key and paste in the box in the plugin
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

@cdevault00 First of all this key should be secret. You do not need to publish it on forum.

Do you mind to contact us in helpdesk?
    https://www.amember.com/support

I will generate new secret key for you and help to install it.

Best Regards.