integration with databases in framework

Discussion in 'Integration' started by tylrwb, Nov 21, 2012.

1. tylrwb

tylrwb New Member

Here is my situation. I have a cms framework that has membership/roles already integrated. I also have this framework on 3 domains sharing one database on another domain - this is where the aMember site resides. What i want to do is use the signup ability from aMember and alongside it control the members / roles from current sites. This cms is not a well known cms so there is no api built for it. Is what i am trying to do possible? Do i have to put the protected pages behind aMember or is that the only way it will work?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure this is possible via custom protection plugin if your CMS framework use MySQL as database engine.
    Plugin will work as explained here:
    http://www.amember.com/p/Integration/
    If you are interested, please contact us in helpdesk for quote.
  3. tylrwb

tylrwb New Member

I see they custom documentation however it is telling me to copy amember/plugins/protect/plugin_template/ to some other folder. Currently this does not exist. How do i get this custom plugin template? None of the listed cms are the framework i am using. I revamped a open source cms to use. It derived from a cms call TomatoCMS.
  4. alexander

5. tylrwb

tylrwb New Member

Could someone point me in the right direction as to what Plugin Id should be or look like? It is not explained in the documentation.
  6. alexander

That is plugin name(Which you will see in amember CP -> Setup -> Plugins list) use any simple word without any non-alphabetical characters. For example: customplugin