I keep finding new ways to do things!

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by halmaclean, Feb 23, 2022.

1. halmaclean

halmaclean aMember Pro Customer

Just wanted to post a thank you to the team behind aMember - yet again I find I am able to do something I had not thought possible, and they've not only previously thought of it, but have already got it in the system to begin with.

This time - a simple thing... a client asked me to find 100 users out of a list of 8000+, and this would have had me searching one by one, adding each to a group, and then filtering according to the usergroup. Tedious would not begin to cover it.

Instead, I used the advanced search, and selected 'Login' - searching for a user's username. In that, there is a REGEX function.

Provided with a list of usernames from the client, it took seconds to reformat it into a single line, using a 'pipe' character (looks like this | ) between each name.

Cut and paste that into the search field for Regex, and aMember finds each one, and builds the page with them all on. It's so, so simple I feel slightly ashamed to say I've only just found it - but today I needed it and there it was - all included in the system. took me about 20 seconds to locate 100 users in a set of 8000, and deal with them all in one go.

And this is typical - whenever I find I have a bit of a challenging task, the team at CGI are more than willing to help and support, offer ideas and suggestions or even roll up their sleeves and get involved. I cannot praise them highly enough, and yes, I do ask them a *lot* of questions, and they always respond in a timely and professional manner.

I am more than happy to use the software, and more than happy to pay to renew licenses every year. It's excellent value for money.
    alexander likes this.