I added a user field, Can I use it in the email templates?

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by rmpostraining, Oct 31, 2013.

1. rmpostraining

rmpostraining New Member

I added a company name field to my sign up for which will be for dealers. They will be adding subusers to their account. I was trying to get the email to say

"Company name" has created an account for you on...

Is this a possibility? I tired to look the other %name% fields in the email templates but I could not locate the userfield that I created in the database to attempt to copy to see if this worked.

thanks
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

I assume name of your custom field is company. Change type of your addition field to SQL and then you will be able to use placeholder %user.company% in any templates where %user. placeholder set is available.
  3. rmpostraining

rmpostraining New Member

Changed it to SQL and left it set to string. Tried adding %user.company% and it didn't come through and yes the field name it company. I can see it the database table am_user in spot #33 company. Looking at the other fields though I think it would have to be something like %reseller.company% which I tried. Based on main user first name which worked I also tried %reseller_company% with no luck.

Since %user.company% is not a field used for the subuser accounts only the primary accounts, what would the correct place holder be for amember to look at the main user that created the subuser account and then display the added "company" field.

**Switching to SQL allowed me to sort the browse users tab by company name which was something that I was bummed that I couldn't do before so YAY! :)
  4. thecbclub1

thecbclub1 New Member

You should be able to type %user.company% in any templates, like email templates, where you would like the company name to appear. With it set as an SQL field, and a little help from aMember support, you could get it to pre-populate data based on different conditions.

Ryan
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately my suggestion does not work for reseller in current version (4.3.6). (It still works for user tag in any email template). We already implemented ability to include any reseller related info to email template to sub-user and it will be delivered with next minor release.