How to allow members with "future" status to view protected material.

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by margie_nance, Dec 17, 2015.

1. margie_nance

margie_nance New Member

Hello
    I have members who will expire on December 31st and several have already renewed for 2016. I want them to view the renewal incentive videos I promised them but because they have a current expiring membership (these members cannot watch the videos) that doesn't end till 12/31 and what they just purchased doesn't begin till 1/1 - they can't view the content.

How do I allow a "future' paid member view protected content before their new annual renewal kicks in?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Do you mean customer existing subscription provide different access then renew subscription?
    How did you set up your protection?
  3. margie_nance

margie_nance New Member

Here is example
    User has purchased 2015 membership which is listed as "active"on admin dashboard - this membership ends December 31, 2015.
    User purchased 2016 membership which is listed as "future" on admin dashboard - this membership begins January 1, 2016.

User was given an incentive to purchase early (prior to 2015 membership expiration) but because the product shows as a 'future' product - It doesn't give them access to the protected content without manually adding them.

Any solution?
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Is it two different products in aMember (2015 membership and 2016 membership)?
    Did you set same renewal group for these two products? Do you really want that one extend another?

I guess it can be better if 2016 membership begin in time of purchase, is not it? This way customer get access to related content as soon as purchase it.