Hiding widgets on aMember pages

Discussion in 'Integration' started by microlinx, Jun 10, 2017.

1. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I have a WordPress site using aMember integration.

Everything works dandy, except one thing.

I do not want to show certain widgets on my aMember pages, like amember/member.php and /amember.signup.php

I have a plugin installed called Widget Options that allows you to hide widgets based on many criteria and for pages within the WordPress taxonomy. Problem is, aMember pages are not technically within that taxonomy.

So, I am considering using a WordPress conditional like "is_page()" but again, aMember pages all have the same title (that of the site) and no page ID's that I can find. I was hoping to use URL, but I don't think is_page() plays that way.

So, can anyone offer a little assistance as to how I might go about using a conditional logic statement to hide these widgets?

Ticket submitted to support...hoping the community has some expertise in this area. TIA!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

I can suggest the following workaroud:

You can choose which post layout will be used with the following code in site.php:
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Site.php_file
    Code:
    $_GET['post_id'] = 10; //id of post
    Best Regards.
  3. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

Thanks caesar....

Just to clarify, when you say "post layout" do you mean you can create a template for all aMember pages using an existing (or newly created) WordPress post or page?

With the limited info I have, I would guess you create a new page or post to use as the layout for aMember pages, then assign that ID in the site.php file using the code you provided above.

Then, I can use the conditional "is_page(ID)" to isolate those pages from the specific widget visibility plugin settings.

Am I close?
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Yes, you are right. You can use is_page function to do it.

Are you familiar with HTML/PHP? In this case I recommend make native aMember theme
    http://www.amember.com/docs/Themes_and_Templates

You need to customize only one template (layout.phtml) actually.

You will have huge performance benefits in this case.

Best Regards.