Hack Help Required for gravity forms

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by nk255, Feb 22, 2011.

1. nk255

nk255 New Member

Hi Guys,

I need help with a hack for gravity forms. I had a developer make me a hack for contact form 7 but cf7 is just not good enough since I need conditional logic and better database access.

a link to how the hack manifest itself in CF 7 is here
    http://careerjourney.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Picture-3.png

once the member in logged in (using amember) his email is pre-populated as you can see here:
    http://careerjourney.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Picture-4.png
    this allows the member to submit info to me and gets a copy himself without having to type in his details all the time.

Anyone reading this willing to pick-up some work?

email me your quote nik@careerjourney.co.uk

Thank you,
    Nik
  2. nk255

nk255 New Member

Got it sorted,

Thanks for reading.

At least I learned something in the last two hours, that can't be bad :D
  3. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

BTW, amProtect has built in support for Contact Form 7. You have to use the Contact Form 7 Dynamic Text Extension plugin and then amProtect hooks into that.

In your Contact Form 7 form you just add fields like this:

<p>Your Name (required)<br />
    [dynamictext* your-name "CF7_AMPROTECT key='name'"] </p>

<p>Your Email (required)<br />
    [dynamictext* your-email "CF7_AMPROTECT key='email'"] </p>

<p>Your Company (required)<br />
    [dynamictext* your-company "CF7_AMPROTECT key='company'"] </p>

It will pull data from the member record if they are logged in, even from your custom additional fields (as shown above by company).

It's an amProtect feature I don't advertise and haven't really documented before.

So far I have not done something similar for Gravity Forms but there seems to be a lot of buzz about Gravity Forms lately so maybe I should look into it.
  4. kengary

kengary aMember Pro Customer

So I've updated my amProtect Wordpress/aMember integration plugin to support the dynamic fields in Gravity Forms.

it takes care of all of the add_filter() stuff behind the scenes for every field in the aMember member record.

All you have to do is edit the field in your Gravity Form in the advanced tab by checking the box next to "Allow field to be populated dynamically" and then entering the aMember field name as the parameter.

If you are not really familiar with the innards of the aMember member record it could be hard to figure out what to use. But they are the same things that are documented in the amProtect plugin for shortcodes that you can use within posts. So you can just edit a post and look at the amProtect section for the examples of what is available for personalization shortcodes.

You have all of the normal fields that are off-the-shelf with aMember such as name_f, name_l, email, street, city, zip, country, etc. Even fields like login and password if you need them.

And if you have created any additional custom fields in aMember then those are available too.

For example if you created a field with a field id of "company" then you can just enter "company" into the Gravity Forms parameter for the dynamic field. If it was "phone" you can enter "phone" or if it is "company_name" you can enter "company_name". It will be there.

Hope this helps everyone! It was a fun thing to figure out how to make happen.