Giving access to multiple products

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by sepsi, Nov 25, 2013.

1. sepsi

sepsi New Member

Any ideas how to give customers access to multiple products? So that when they pay for 1 product they automatically get access to another one.

I currently have several one-time payment products set up and I also want to start offering paid support as subscription.

Here’s my current product set up

1. Silver membership (includes my book)
    2. Gold membership (includes book and members-only blog posts)
    3. Platinum membership (everything in Gold + members-only forums)

I want to start offering paid support in recurring (1 & 3 month) and non-recurring (6 & 12 months) plans.

To encourage people to sign up for the longer support plans, I want to offer the Gold membership as free bonus. Members-only forums don’t seem to pick up speed, so I want to delete them as offer 6 months of paid support for people who sign up for Platinum plan.

I cannot find anyway to do this in Amember. There doesn’t seem to be any option for automatically signing up customers for multiple product plans, or even bundling several products into one bundle.

I tried setting up product upgrade paths so that the upgrade price would be $0, but when I tested it I got an error message saying ‘This payment system doesn’t support zero-total invoices’. I'm using PayPal.

Can you please help me. How can I set this up?
  2. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

My thoughts (until others pipe in with theirs).

Bundling Items:
    You could create new products that will have everything bundled together.

Multiple Product Plans:
    My only thought on how to handle this is to require they purchase product X in order for them to purchase product Y, or ....

You give access to free Gold membership bonus when they Purchase Platinum. This would be pretty easy to implement with the tools already in place.

Yes, PayPal doesn't allow $0 reoccurring, so trying to add that as an upgrade won't work. If you want to give them something for $0, you can just add the item as free access - where you would set the permissions to only allow users who are subscribed to item X to have access to this.
  3. sepsi

sepsi New Member

Thanks for your thoughts, crystalmedia. There's a reason I want to avoid creating new products. I have a bunch of protected posts in WP. The problem with Amember and WP integration, as far as I know, is that you have to manually set up protection for each post. In my case, I've allowed access to Gold and Platinum members.

Were I to create a new product, I would have to go and manually change access permissions for every post. While it's not a big problem yet, I can see it becoming a headache in the future when I have 100+ protected posts.
  4. sepsi

sepsi New Member

OK, I just saw the schedule access plugin? I'm more than happy to pay extra for it if it handles this seamlessly and automatically. Would that be the best solution here? Anyone can chime on that?
  5. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

Ummm not sure. I just noticed that plugin too. I'm also interested in buying it. Just not quite sure how it will work.
  6. sepsi

sepsi New Member

I got the plugin and it does just what I wanted. In the product settings (for individual product) you can now set so that people who get access to the particular product also get access to other products. It seems you can set the access to be immediate or schedule it later, like 30 days after purchase. Amember support told me that the product can't create subscriptions, though.
  7. aknetwork

aknetwork Member

Hi Sepsi... Could you add some plugin's print screen?
  8. sepsi

sepsi New Member

Can you be more specific? What would you like to see/know?