Free Wordpress Plugin - easy amember protect

Discussion in '3rd Party Service Providers' started by andyb, Aug 28, 2010.

1. andyb

andyb Member

2. lunabean

lunabean New Member

Blank page when logged out

Hello everybody. Andy has been graciously helping me with this issue but thought it may be good to see if anybody else has any suggestions.

I'm using the Easy aMember plugin on the latest version of Wordpress and I made a test post with it. When logged out of aMember, all that appears on the page is a blank white screen. When I'm logged in to amember, the page appears fine.

Andy asked that I try a few things including making sure that the amember PHP_Includes work (and it does on a dummy page I created) and to turn on WP error codes (no error on that blank page).

Not using the plugin, but adding that PHP_Includes code into a normal post (I'm using the exec-php plugin, too, so that php code can be inserted into posts/pages) this is the error message I get when I'm logged out:

Andy suggested this:
    I gave that a try to no avail.

I'm wondering about the error message above where it appears that WP is not happy with a second call to the header.
  3. lunabean

lunabean New Member

UPDATE: This is the error message that I'm getting on the post that has the plugin fields active:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function escape() on a non-object in /path-to-my-server/amember/plugins/protect/php_include/bruteforce.inc.php on line 85

END UPDATE
  4. andyb

andyb Member

that message is related to amember, it looks as if the $db class isn't available to the script.

what errors are showing in your amember error log?
  5. lunabean

lunabean New Member

Error log

I'm not seeing any errors related to the plugin. I just have my normal paypal debug/error that I've had forever.

I just tried accessing the page on the WP blog that uses the plugin and it didn't generate any new error logs in amember.

Any ideas?
  6. andyb

andyb Member

I'm really sorry but I have no idea!

I have tested the plugin on my full package version on development site, on my local machine and on another site that was using a trial version of amember and they all behaved normally.

I don't know what else to suggest other than make another test blog and use a new install of amember (using a trial version if necessary) and see if that does the same thing. If it doesn't then you know it's your install of amember that has something wrong.
  7. lunabean

lunabean New Member

Hi Andy. Thanks for the extra testing. One final question...

Does the WP and aMember install have to be in the same database for this to work? I don't think that has anything to do with it, but just wanted to confirm.
  8. andyb

andyb Member

It shouldn't make any difference.

all this plugin does is detect if the custom field has been added to a post before it gets shown and if it has, includes the php_include file from amember in the same way you would include it on a normal php file.