Free Trials / On Same Signup Form as Paid Membership

Discussion in 'Payment Systems' started by knowledgewave, Jun 29, 2010.

1. knowledgewave

knowledgewave New Member

Hoping some other aMember 1shoppingcart customers can help.

I've successfully setup both a 30 day recurring membership at $99 and a 10 day trial option that goes through the cart at zero, and bills at 10 days and then recurs every 30 days.

Here's the problem. To get it to work, the 10 day trial has to be a selected product on the aMember signup page. So, as you can imagine, not one would select the 30 day $99 option when just above it is a 10 day trial.

The 10 day trial is by invitation only, so we really were going to email to specific target customers. I'm wondering if it's possible to have more than one signup form with aMember to allow for this process.

Thanks!
  2. knowledgewave

knowledgewave New Member

In researching it appears we answered our own question. I'm going to do further testing but wanted to post our solution here so that it may help others. We setup a new group using -1 setting. Then by default the trial did not show up on the main join form. It created a second page, that when adding this: ?price_group=-1 to the end of the URL shows only the trial membership. Perfect for email promoting.

More Info:

Price Group ID
    This is a numeric field. Products with a negative price_group
    will not be displayed on the default Signup page. You can link to
    an alternate Signup page like this 'signup.php?price_group=-1'
    to display products ONLY from Price Group -1. You can enter
    comma-separated ',' lists of pricegroups as well