Free list of temporary email domains & how to import into amember

Discussion in '3rd Party Addons' started by teberuu, Dec 14, 2016.

1. teberuu

teberuu New Member

I was getting sick of people signing up with temporary email addresses, causing bounce issues and costing me money.

In amembers you can enter blocked email domains, but with over 2000+ possible entries its not feasible to import it line by line manually. Instead, I have prepared a simple CSV that you can import into you amember installation via phpmyadmin.

I'm giving this away for free, you can get the CSV download and instructions here:
    http://01nomad.com/business/how-to-stop-temporary-email-registrations-in-amembers
    caesar likes this.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

It is great! I am sure it can be useful for our other customers.

Thank you for your contribution!
  3. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

have been asking for this for over a year, as a plugin, to block known ips and emails :)

as many sites like ipb and other boards and software have a hook or script to import a txt file

will have a go later
    and thanks
  4. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

this part not working?

Download the CSV file that I have prepared with all the values you need below.
    [file_download style="1"][download title="Amember%20Temporary%20Domain.csv" icon="style1-File-64x64.png" file="http://01nomad.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/amember-block-domains.csv" package="" level="" new_window=""]Import%20this%20csv%20file%20to%20add%202000%2B%20temporary%20email%20domains%20to%20your%20block%20list.[/download][/file_download]
  5. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

click the link does, but code on screen :)