Email from appending "Admin" and one other issue

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by igpman, Nov 15, 2011.

1. igpman

igpman Member

My from name is set as X (obscured for the purpose of this example) in aMember v4 yet when I send emails they are from "X Admin" in my email reader. Is this because I am the site admin and will my users not see this? It's sending from the admin email address too instead of the outgoing email address.

Also, when applying filters to email forms it submits them automatically which is silly, because it sends out a blank email to everyone, even if you have already filled in the form.

EDIT: Turns out everyone got an email from the admin account when I just sent out an announcement... great. So they all have my personal email address too. :eek:
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    What aMember version you have?
    This has been fixed. Fix will be available in next release.

Form is refreshed but email is not sent. I just tested this on my local installation.
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

That is really a silly bug. Thank you for finding it and sorry for this to happen. I've sent you fixed file.
    Fix will also be included into 4.1.3 build.
  4. igpman

igpman Member

Thanks alex, glad I could help. :)

I tested it on a live installation and a blank email was sent to my admin account email address (which was the only account I was filtering to luckily because I was testing). I had already filled out the title and email with content before I tried to apply the filter.
  5. alexander

Well I still can't recreate this.
    Can you test again on latest version? If the problem still exists, can you explain exactly how it can be recreated?
  6. alexander

Also, do you have that email message still? may be it was sent from different source and not from aMember CP -> Email users ?
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Anyway, alexander, I have disabled ability to change filters on e-mail preview page. This will prevent this from happening in future, no matter what the reason was.