Customer can't open or pay invoice!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by scott_wa1, Jul 15, 2020.

1. scott_wa1

scott_wa1 aMember Pro Customer

I have a web hosting business and I'm super late in sending out my annual invoices (usually due on January 1st each year). So I created an invoice with the right date (January 1st) for the client, but he can't open the invoice because it says it's expired, and if the customer logs into the members area, they can't see any unpaid invoices to pay.

How can I create an old invoice with an old date like January 1st while still doing it such a way that lets the client pay the invoice?! Why can't a client pay an invoice more than 30 days old? I'm missing something.

Screenshots attached.

dwightcantpay.png

When you click on the payment link:
    dwightcantpay2.png

-Scott

P.S. This is my first year using aMember for the hosting biz. I was a super-small old-school shop for the last 20 years and mailed out paper invoices each year. I'm finally switching over to let people pay online.
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

1. when you create new pending invoice you need to set Due Date to future so customer can pay it.

2. we have pending invoice block plugin:
    https://www.amember.com/amember/product/block-pending-invoice
    This plugin adds new block to Member's Area. That block will display all pending invoices which user has, each invoice has a link to complete payment.

Best Regards.
  3. scott_wa1

scott_wa1 aMember Pro Customer

The due date IS in the future. Even right now, we still haven't reached the due date, and aMember still won't let the client pay.
    https://pleasantwebsites.com/clients/pay/KMY6T-f9e2343b2b0af193

So even if I had that plugin so the member could see their due invoices, they still can't click the payment link because aMember says it's been more than 30 days, even though the invoice isn't even due yet!

There's gotta be something else going on, no?

Scott
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member