Check subscriber status from 3rd-party site

Discussion in 'Integration' started by ckissack, Sep 17, 2020.

1. ckissack

ckissack aMember Pro Customer

I use aMember to manage subscribers to a Wordpress site. I licence some of my content to a third-party site, but the content should only be visible on the third party site if its users have an active subscription to my site.

How can the third-party site check if a visitor has an active subscription to my aMember installation? I have looked at the online help and documentation and I think this can be achieved using REST API but am unsure. If REST API is the appropriate method, are there any examples of how to check subscription status from a third-party site I can look at?

Thanks
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Yes, you need to use REST API. Do you want to check status by email address?

Best Regards.
  3. ckissack

Thanks for this reply Caesar. The 3rd-party site won't handle my site's log-in details, they want to direct users to a landing page on my site which checks if the user is signed in and if not the user then logs in. Once a subscription is verified I then need to make a server-to-server call to the 3rd-party site to pass over relevant information including user information in particular subscription status and expiration date.

It doesn't seem to me like a simple thing to set up, so I am wondering whether I shouldn't find a coder to help with this.
  4. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

5. ckissack

Thanks I will do that.