Can aMember Do This? HELP!

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by bigchezmktg, Jan 24, 2012.

1. bigchezmktg

bigchezmktg New Member

Posted in "Integration" on accident. I think this is a more appropriate place to ask:​
    I am literally at my wit's end. I have been working on a site for almost a full month and have nothing to show for it. I'm hoping amember can help.

Here's the scenario:

I use Ultracart for my gateway, using WP version 3.3.1, viewing in both IE9 and Firefox.

I was using WLM (whom I LOVE) for my membership site. However, when I do the number of sequential upgrades (drip content) necessary for my site to run as I want (300+ upgrades), the amount of memory necessary grinds my site to a screeching halt.

See, I need 6 different levels of sequential upgrades (drip content) with 52 upgrades per level (each level has one sequential upgrade per week). 6 levels x 52 upgrades per level = 312 total upgrades.

I've tried WP Membership plugin, but I can't install a Contact Form on the site without getting a 404 error, their 'drip' tutorial is difficult to follow, and having to use their forums to contact anyone is a BEAR!

Here's what I need:

I need to be able to drip content - ON A PAGE AND NOT A BLOG POST to my customers behind a membership login area without it being a memory-hog on the site.

I need for the content to start on day 1, regardless of when a customer joins for the first time.

I need for the previous content to disappear when they are 'dripped' the new content (ie - when they get new content on Day 8, they cannot see the previous week's content - days 1-7).

I also need for the content on each level to reset automatically (or I do it on initial setup and never have to touch it again) after the 52nd upgrade.

Can I do this with amember? I need a solution, like, yesterday.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, this can be done with aMember.

I am not sure about 312 upgrades, I hope Alexander will provide more details tomorrow on this task.
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

I don't see any reason why this could not work with our wordpress plugin. All requirements are already supported.
    In regards to 312 upgrades, can you provide more info?As I understood you have 312 separate posts that should be available for user depending on his level and current time period? If so, no problem here as well.
  4. bigchezmktg

bigchezmktg New Member

Thanks for answering, Alexander! I'm happy to explain the 312 upgrades.

I have 6 different membership levels that can be joined. Each level has new weekly content that should be automatically dripped.

Once the new content is dripped on the 8th day, the previous week's content should disappear (while the next week's content obviously remains hidden).

At the end of the 52nd week (one year), the content should start over at day 1.

6 membership levels x 52 weeks of content each = 312 upgrades/drips.

I really need something that can accomplish this without being a memory hog on my site.

ALSO - the members should not be able to see the other levels on the site. There should be no mention of them, no pages that can be seen, nada.

I tried the demo for amember, but didn't see how to drip content (and then have the other content hidden). Perhaps because it wasn't in the"Wordpress" format which I'm used to.

Either way, I'm VERY hopeful that amember will do what I need it to and am anxious to hear from you soon.

Thank you in advance!
    Rachel
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

6. pniesler

pniesler New Member

Hi,
    does anyone know if this is working on a daily basis as well?
    Thank you
  7. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

With the aMember/WordPress integration you can control access to any page/post/category based on any product. Access can start from the beginning to end of the subscription or X days from the start of the subscription until x days from the start of the subscription.