Bundle Discount Configuration

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by dvorah, Jan 28, 2021.

1. dvorah

dvorah aMember Pro Customer

Greetings, I'm trying to set up the Bundle Discount plugin and it is unclear what to put in each section of the form. See attached image for photo of form.

1. Minimum number of items.
    • Question - Does this mean that if I want them to have to buy 3 to get the discount, that I put the number 3 in that field?
    • Question: What happens if I leave that field blank?
    2. Form field 2 is "Condition Products" (this rule will count only selected products to match, if nothing selected, rule will use all products. I see that we can choose a category or a product.

• 3. My question comes when I look at form field line 3 - "Apply Discount to Products - this rule will apply discount only to selected products. if nothing selected, apply discount to all products."
    • It seems like fields 2 and 3 are the same - so I'm uncertain what's being asked here.

4. Form field line 4 - "Do not apply discount to first...suitable items. Keep it empty to apply to all suitable items."
    • QUESTION: There are no drop downs here so are we supposed to put a number? For example, if I want them to buy 3 to get the discount, what number would I put there.

5. Then for the discount - there is only one option
    • Question: SO if I wanted to set it up so if they purchase 2 items they get 15% off and if they purchase 3 items they get 25% off, etc., do I have to set up a 2nd and 3rd. Record in the bundle discount dashboard?
    Thank you very much,
    D'vorah

Attached Files:

2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello D'vorah,

1.1 Yes,
    1.2 Rule apply for any purchase

2, 3. first used to check if condition match. Second used to apply discount.
    So you can have promotion: get discount for Product A if you purchase Product B
    You set rule:
    qty: 1
    Condition Products: Product B
    Apply Discount to Products: Product A

4. You need to leave it empty.

It works for discount apply. For example you want to have promotion: get 20% discount for second and subsequent product in your invoice.

You need to set:
    qty: 2
    Do not apply discount to first...suitable items. Keep it empty to apply to all suitable items: 1
    Discount: 20%

This way first product will have full price and all other 20% discount

5. Yes, you need to add multiple rules.

I recommend to add Invoice Summary to your test signup form and just play with it - choose different product and see what discount applied. (Invoice Summary show discounted price in real time)

Best Regards.
  3. dvorah

dvorah aMember Pro Customer

Thank you VERY much Caeser!
    D'vorah
    caesar likes this.